Since we’ve started selling duck eggs, we’ve had a few noteworthy reactions from people who have never tried them. I get it. I am from New Orleans and Atlanta and prior to meeting my hubby, didn’t know what a food looked like outside of a grocery store or a package. Now I have the great privilege of seeing them from start to finish and don’t hesitate to crack some delicious duck eggs and cram them in my mouth in the form of something wonderful in the morning before rushing to our school room for the day’s lessons.
What may help ease some minds is being able to see the potential of these slightly exotic eggs. I have been perusing recipes for a while, now that we have plenty to experiment with (personal note: use for future science experiments), we are trying various dishes. I will share this compilation of delicious recipes using duck eggs in hopes that it will ease your mind. I tend to look for healthy options but may throw in something just plain scrumptious and irresistible. We always need balance, right? In addition to being more nutritious than chicken eggs, duck eggs are alkaline-forming in the body, rather than acid-forming. There is a whole slew of articles and information regarding benefits of an alkaline body, but not here… yet. I will try to write a post on that info specifically at a later date.
Please forget that I am a New Orleanian for a little while. I don’t want to go the way of Disney’s healthy gumbo! So that no one ever forgets that mistake, I am sharing the video of how cajuns react to Disney’s healthy gumbo…. just no.
- Zucchini Breakfast Pizza by The Pancake Princess
She doesn’t specify “duck” egg, however, since we have plenty and this looks divine, I will call for 1 Duck Egg. Pancake Princess, call me if you want some duck eggs!
2. Potage of vegetables with poached duck egg and fresh herbs by Chris Horridge
3. Duck Egg Pasta by LTD Farm
4. Easy Coconut Macaroons by Jen of Yummy Healthy Easy
5. Duck Egg Mayonnaise by
6. Low-Carb Power Greens Breakfast Casserole with Feta and Mozzarella by Kalyn’s Kitchen
7. Warm salad of asparagus, bacon, duck egg & hazelnuts By
8. Quick and Easy Egg Drop Soup
9. The Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies by Foy
10. Duck Egg Curry by Stylecraze
There you go. Let me know what you think and if you make any of these great recipes.